Thursday, September 10, 2015

Beginning of season racing/training

So the beginning of my season didn't start out too well... I had stress fractures at the end of the season last year followed by a long bout of flu/sinus infection crap and before I knew it Christmas had come and went and it was January and I had done zero tri-specific training.  I had originally planned to go to Oceanside 70.3 in March when I decided I wasn't in very good shape and then suffered a pretty bad fall on the mountain bike that left me unable to train for 4-5 weeks.  I decided to do St. George 70.3 on very little training and just see how it went.  It didn't go very well.  It was the slowest time I have ever had at a 70.3 distance but the good news was I didn't have any pain from running and I was so pumped to start training again!!!

Finally, some motivation to train and race and do what I love to do had returned.  All it took was a proper ass kicking.  I spent so much time dwelling on how scared I was to race in the pro division and questioning my decision to move up and accept my pro card that I had forgotten how much I loved to race.  I had been racing locally and winning for so long that the jump up to a pro status seemed enormous and something I wasn't capable of.  The reality is you will never get faster if you don't race people faster than you.  So now I am a very small fish in a big pond of pros who are all my idols.  I know who they all are and I am so honored to toe the line with them at the start of these races even if they have no idea who I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment