Monday, January 28, 2013

Money in the pain bank!!!!

            I am totally channeling Carrie Bradshaw right now!!!!  I am at my laptop in my single-girl apartment with my glasses on drinking a glass of wine and trying to figure out how to make my usually offensive and vulgar language acceptable to put in a blog that will be on my coach’s website.  Well, I couldn’t think of a better way to kick off this blog and the year 2013 than with recounting a trip I recently got back from to Tucson where I trained with my coach Jaime and also had the opportunity to attend an elite development camp.

My week in Tucson was super challenging but a really fun and positive learning experience. My 2 days spent with my coach and his family were awesome.  We got to swim, bike, run, and plan out my entire season.  I just turned 26 but as it turns out I still belong at the kids table which is fine with me. The best part about hanging out with my coach was also hanging out with his 2 super cool daughters who are 10 and 6.  We jumped on the trampoline, played kitchen beautician and dyed purple streaks in our hair and gossiped about Taylor Swift and One Direction.  It was really fun to be away from work and school and just have fun and be goofy with these girls in between workouts.  The next 4 days spent at the camp were very demanding and humbling.  We trained hard 5-6 hours a day which was a wake up call for me! I must admit that I am the first one to slack on workouts once it starts getting cold outside so I needed a good kick in the pants to get the 2013 triathlon ball rolling. 


After planning out my entire season with Jaime and getting back into training I realize that I have a lot to work on.  I’ve got some lofty goals to reach!  Learning more about the sport and also about myself I feel more confident and better prepared to conquer this triathlon season. 

So next on the calendar is the Black Dog Tri camp in Tucson in February and I cant wait!! I have even been stepping outside into the cold weather for a little more training.  I just keep telling myself that much like my days at the camp in Tucson, my miserable arctic bike rides are just money in the pain bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment